Based in Metz, France
We All End Up Alone is a narrative and psychological game where you will live a daily battle without weapons : you will play someone who has just been diagnosed with cancer and will try to make it through. The game is blending everyday life management and exploration gameplay. You will have to manage your new life during the day by choosing between actions to heal yourself, keep your stress low and your morale high. When the night comes you will have to explore the dreamlike world of your unconscious and fight your fears or the consequences of your choices. But you will also have to run from the disease and look for a way out to find hope and peace. Day and night are connected and everything you do will have an impact on the story.
We All End Up Alone is the first title from Nice Penguins. The team is composed of two developers (Anthony Guérin and Yvan Corsiglia) and one graphic designer (Adrien Brégeot). On September 2015, the game won the jury’s “Coup de Coeur” Price after a hackathon about health. The team decided to continue the project.
- A philosophical journey through a battle without weapons.
- Originals graphics inspired by Franco-Belgian comics.
- Daytime part with everyday life management.
- Immersive dialog system with rich background characters.
- Night time part set in a dreamlike world with exploration gameplay.
- Multiple and various dreams to explore.
- Connected parts (Day and Night), which influence each other.
Greenlight Trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
There are currently no logos or icons available for We All End Up Alone. Check back later for more or contact us for specific requests!
- "We All End Up Alone combines beautiful artwork, excellent writing and powerful subject matter to create an emotional narrative that really hits hard. "
- KJ Robertson, Alpha Beta Gamer
- "A sensitive yet passionate story told in a tasteful manner expressing exactly what one goes through."
- Ryan Donovan, The Golden Cartridge
- "It’ll be interesting to see how We All End Up Alone portrays cancer, and how playing from the perspective of someone who is battling it might offer something different."
- Emma Kidwell, Kill Screen
About Nice Penguins
Nice Penguins is an independent video game studio from the North East of France (in Metz). It was created by two students who made a bunch of game jams and hackathons.
More information on Nice Penguins, our logo & relevant media are available here.
We All End Up Alone Credits
Developer, Nice Penguins
Developer, Nice Penguins